We at Southern Oregon Friends of Hospice are always excited to meet people who are passionate about end-of-life care. We are so glad you are interested in joining our staff. If you would like to volunteer please see our volunteer page.
The current job openings are posted below and subject to change without notice. If you would like to apply please carefully review the job description and submit your cover letter, resume, and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the job-specific instructions included with the job posting.
Complete and sign this form: Application Form
Supervisor: Celia’s House Nurse (RN)
To provide compassionate and mindful end of life caregiving in line with the mission and values of SOFH. This position is a certified nursing assistant, certified by the Oregon State Board of Nursing who offers care to the hospice and palliative care patients at Celia’s House in Holmes Park. The CNA works with the residences during the final stage of their life. They also provide mental and emotional support to the residents and their family members.
- Unencumbered certification from the Oregon State Board of Nursing
- No findings on the OBRA Federal CNA Registry, the CNA Abuse Registry or the CNA2 Registry
- Successful passing of criminal background check and employee drug and alcohol screening.
- Commitment to Celia’s House mission and culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High ethical standards
- Keen observational skills
- Empathetic and resilient
- Physical and emotional stability
- Graduate from a Certified Nursing Assistant Program
- Two years’ experience as a CNA.
- Experience in working with hospice and/or palliative care patients.
- Provide total care for hospice and palliative care residents.
- Measure and record vital signs, such as temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure of residents.
- Provide timely and accurate charting for each resident.
- Assist in feeding residents as needed and appropriate.
- Assist or provide the activities of daily living such as bath, mouth care, and toileting.
- Change bed linens and resident clothing as often as needed for the comfort of the resident.
- Care and cleaning after incidents of incontinence.
- Comfort and provide emotional care for the residents and their families.
- Respond to emergency situations as appropriate.
- Bring and remove meal trays for residents as they are ready from the kitchen staff.
- Assist in keeping resident rooms clean and tidy, and general housekeeping throughout the facility.
- Turn, position and ambulate assigned residents as needed.
- Assist other CNAs/CMAs with turning, positioning and ambulating residents as appropriate.
- Check blood sugar of residents as appropriate and notify the Certified Medication Assistant or Nurse of results.
- Keep the Celia’s House Nurse (RN) and/or the hospice RN abreast of important changes in the residents’ condition.
- Provide routine post-mortem care of the resident’s body.
- Assist the family in post mortem ritual cleaning and care of the body as appropriate.
- Facilitate the compassionate ceremony as the resident’s body leaves the facility.
- Competent in the use of equipment used in the care of residents, such as the bed, resident lift, wheelchairs, and stretcher.
- Practice mindful caregiving throughout each shift.
- All other duties as assigned or delegated by the Nurse.
- Participate in daily shift change report.
Physical and working condition requirements:
- Workday: 12 hours
- Stands: Often and for long periods
- Sits: Often and for short periods
- Walks: Often and for short distances
- Bends: Often
- Stairs: Occasionally
- Climbs: Seldom
- Lifts: Frequently with the assistance of equipment and others
- Kneels: Seldom
- Repetitive hand/foot: Often and for short periods
This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis such as transferring a patient in and out of a bed. The ability to bend, stretch, twist and perform other awkward physical movements is also required. To be placed in this position, applicants must pass a physical functional screening.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time