We at Southern Oregon Friends of Hospice are always excited to meet people who are passionate about end-of-life care. We are so glad you are interested in joining our staff. If you would like to volunteer please see our volunteer page.
The current job openings are on Indeed and subject to change without notice. If you would like to apply please carefully review the job description and submit your application via Indeed or email us at email@example.com. There may be a direct email to submit your application to, so please also check the full position description.
PT DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT – POSTED OCT. 21, 2021
Position Summary: The Development Assistant (DA) provides administrative support to the mission of Southern Oregon Friends of Hospice through the fundraising efforts of the Development department. The DA ensures that clerical tasks run efficiently and works under the supervision of the Development Director.
General Administrative, Database & Communications Functions:
- Enter gift information daily into database;
- Produce database analyses and gift reports;
- Interact with donors in person and online;
- Enter new donor records, reports of calls, contacts, and donor information;
- Prepare written correspondence;
- Assist with electronic and hard copy newsletter creation and management;
- Assist with social media content creation;
- Other duties in support of the Development Director, as assigned.
Research prospective donors and identify likely funding sources, including:
- Research new contacts made by senior staff and Board members;
- Research corporations and foundations whose funding priorities match SOFH’s goals.
Provide organization and support for events (planned for 2022) from start to finish, including:
- Confirm details with venues/hosts, and handle deliveries and other basic logistics;
- Generate event invitation lists & Research giving information for attendees;
- Track RSVPs and assist with follow-up calls to invitees;
- Assemble marketing and other materials for events;
- Day-of-Event logistics management.
- A minimum of two years’ administrative experience supporting a Development Office or Sales Office;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities and track details on projects;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and experience with CRM or fundraising databases;
- Strong organizational, detail and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and seek assistance;
- Discretion and confidentiality with respect to donor records;
- Enthusiasm for the SOFH mission and annual goals for financial growth;
- Sense of humor, dependability and collaborative spirit.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Oregon Driver’s License in good standing
Hours and Compensation
This position is half-time at 20 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with experience from $19-20/hour. Flexible scheduling is available. Some remote work possible. Rare weekend or evening event support may be required.
Location: 217 S. Modoc Avenue, Medford, OR 97520
To Apply: Please send cover letter, writing sample and resume to Julie.Raefield@sofriendsofhospice.org with “Development Assistant” as the subject line. No phone calls please.
SOFH is an equal-opportunity employer that values lived experience and seeks applicants of the greatest diversity possible. We encourage people of color, women, older people, members of under-represented communities, and individuals with disabilities to apply.