- A doctor’s order (honored by most emergency personnel)
- Three specific orders that you and your healthcare provider decide together, giving clear direction to all caregivers, reflecting your choices for life-sustaining treatments
- Honored at your home and in all inpatient and outpatient settings
- Current POLST or wallet card to remain with you at all times
- Entered into a statewide electronic registry for access by any medical provider in Oregon
- May be revised or revoked at any time by you or your “Health Care Representative”
- Most effective tool for honoring your choices at the end of life
A conversation between patient and their physician is required in order to complete a POLST. Click Here to learn more about the Oregon POLST program.