Hospital-Based Palliative Consultative Service
Services available: Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
Medical Director: Anthony Mistretta. MD
Nurse Practitioner: Sharon Krische, MSN, NP-C, Board Certified Adult-Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse
Social Worker: Adie Goldberg, DCSW, M.Ed. Board Certified Advanced Hospice and Palliative Care Social Worker, Community Trainer
Music Thanatologists: Certified Music Thanatologists: Elizabeth Markell, CM-Th CMP, and James Excell, CM-Th
Philosophy and Services:
- Available in the hospital from time of diagnosis throughout illness
- Management complex pain and symptoms that come from serious and life threatening conditions
- Helps patients and families navigate complex medical decisions and the medical system
- Offers a holistic approach to not only physical pain but emotional, psychosocial and spiritual suffering for the patient and their family.
- Facilitates a patient, family and care team partnership that develops a treatment plan aligned with patient’s changing needs and goals of care.
- Training for medical professionals and community members on advance care planning, Quality of Life and the treatment of serious illness, and pain and symptom management.